Aflatoxin is a toxic and carcinogenic substance produced by certain strains of the molds Aspergillus flavus and A. parasiticus. There are four principle types of aflatoxin in grain and nuts: B1, B2, G1 and G2. Aflatoxin B1 is the most frequently encountered of the group and the most toxic. The commodities most affected by aflatoxin are cereals, peanuts, cottonseed, milo, spices, figs and dried fruit. Aflatoxin B1 is found in milk and dairy products. Aflatoxins have potent carcinogenic effects in animals and humans. There is a scientifically proven link between liver cancer and prolonged intake of aflatoxin-contaminated food. Aflatoxin affects the liver, and suppresses proper functioning of the immune system, which has been found to be a facilitator of several diseases, including cancer and HIV. The Aflatoxin testing kit is designed to provide precise results on-site, eliminating the cost and delay of sending samples out for testing. You gain efficiency in testing and confidence in your results, allowing you to make objective, real-time decisions.
This Aflatoxin rapid test kit uses a rapid lateral flow assay test developed for the analysis of total aflatoxin analogs (B1, B2, G1, G2) in grains and grain products.
- Rapid - 5 minute method
- Stable - 12 months shelf-life
- Cost Effective - no expensive equipment is needed
- User Friendly - easily train technicians in minutes
- Rugged - store at 2-25°C
- Performance Tested - USDA/GIPSA approved method
- Feed production and processing companies
- Cereals processing companies
- Governmental food safety supervision department for fast screening
- Farmers inspect the feed or grain by themselves
Delivery period: 2 - 45 Days.